SANDER GmbH produces and supplies complete packaging material and is therefore mainly active in the B2B sector.
The new EU data protection basic regulation (DSGVO) aims to protect and strengthen the rights of data subjects. These include the safeguarding of personal data, protection against unlawful processing of personal data and the free movement of personal data within the EU.
As a rule, SANDER GmbH collects and uses personal data in the following categories:
Personal data provided by yourself: This is personal data that you disclose to SANDER when you fill out forms or participate in surveys at SANDER’s request. This can be done by e-mail, telephone, post and other media. This includes all information about your sales transactions with SANDER. For example, SANDER collects your name, business address, e-mail address and telephone number, as well as information about your relationship with us or your company, and information about your function in the company.
Personal data collected by our system
- If you communicate with SANDER personnel or companies by e-mail, telephone or other electronic means, our computer systems record information about such communication.
Other personal data
SANDER may also collect personal data from other sources. In particular the following applies:
- We may obtain information about you from our own suppliers, from credit agencies or from publicly available sources such as commercial registers.
- As a matter of principle, we only collect information that we need to make our products and services available to you. We do not sell or trade with your data.
- Please note that in some cases we are obliged by law or by contractual relationship with you to collect certain personal data about you. It is possible that we may be late in fulfilling these obligations, or not be able to fulfil them at all, if you are not prepared to provide us with this data.
Purpose and legal basis of the processing of personal data
We process your personal data only if
- the processing is necessary for compliance with legal obligations or otherwise legally permissible,
- the processing is necessary for the fulfilment of our contractual obligations,
- you have given your express consent in advance.
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- For the preparation of offers,
- To contact us by telephone or e-mail, as far as this is necessary to fulfil our contractual obligations,
- To send you additional advertising or information material about our products and services.
SANDER may occasionally pass on your personal data to third parties who are entrusted with processing on our behalf, i.e. other SANDER companies, logistics service providers, contract processors or website operators. SANDER obliges these parties to adhere to our instructions and conditions when processing the data, as far as these are in accordance with this data protection declaration and the DSGVO. It should be noted, however, that we may disclose your personal data within the scope of our legal obligations or in order to comply with regulations or justified official requirements.
Taking into account your rights to the data, we process your data for the entire duration of the contract and store it for a further ten years after the end of the contract, unless there are good reasons to store the data for even longer, e.g. for audits by tax authorities or to fulfil other legal and risk-related obligations.
Data storage and transmission to countries outside the European Economic Area
We may transfer your personal data to group companies and to third parties located outside the European Economic Area. If the personal data is transferred to third countries in which data protection legislation does not ensure at least the same level of protection as the laws of the European Economic Area, we will take appropriate security measures (e.g. data transfer agreements with standard clauses of the European Commission) on the basis of the relevant legal provisions. Please contact us if you require further information. Under no circumstances do we store personal data outside the European Economic Area.
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal data is not processed unauthorised or unlawfully and to protect it against accidental loss, manipulation, publication or access and against accidental or unlawful destruction or damage. If we commission third parties to process personal data on our behalf, we only use processors who have implemented appropriate technical and organisational security measures. This is to ensure that the integrity and confidentiality of your personal data is not violated.
Your rights as a data subject
As long as SANDER processes or holds your personal data, you have the following rights
- Right of access: You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you.
- Right of rectification: You have the right to rectify incorrect or incomplete data that we hold about you.
- Right to be forgotten: Under certain circumstances, you can request that the data we hold on you be deleted.
- Right to limit processing: Under certain conditions, you have the right to impose restrictions on the processing of your personal data.
Right to withdraw your consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. To do so, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right to portability: You have the right to have the information we hold about you transferred to other organisations.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing including profiling: You also have the right not to be affected by the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right of appeal: You have the right to appeal to a supervisory authority in the cases provided for by law.
Should SANDER reject your claim under the right of access, we will inform you of the reasons for which you can then appeal.
At your request, we will confirm which information we store about you and how we process it.
You may request the release of the following information
- Identity and contact information of the person or organisation (SANDER) that has specified how and why your data will be processed.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, if available.
- Purpose and legal basis of the processing.
- If the processing is based on legitimate interests of SANDER or third parties (e.g. customers), then also information about these interests.
- Categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipients or categories of recipients to whom the data is disclosed.
- Retention period of the data.
- Information on your rights of rectification, erasure, limitation or opposition to processing
- Information about your right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Information on how to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a legal or contractual condition or a prerequisite for the conclusion of a contract; also, whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the consequences if you do not do so.
- Source of the personal data, if it does not come directly from you.
- All details and information on possible automated decision-making processes such as profiling; useful information on the underlying logic, meaning and expected consequences of the processing.
- Information on the transfer of personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact the SANDER team or send an email to email@example.com.